Densha Driver (“Train Driver”) is a game that I am currently working on. As a train driver, you have to pick up passengers at stations, stay within the designated speed limit and react to various challenging situations during the ride. The game is not a simulation, but an arcade style game where you earn points for successfully handling situations and move forward in your career, unlocking new trains and routes.
- Drive a variety of trains in a variety of different environments
- Drive commuter trains and freight trains with different goals and gameplay respectively
- Score points for correctly handling game events
- Choose your route on a world map
- Unlock new tracks and trains by achieving a certain percentage of points in a level
- Non-linear gameplay - different levels are unlocked depending on how well you fare in each level
- The game is presented in retro pixel art style
Click on the images to enlarge.